Saturday 14 June 2008

More thoughts about me and my buddy.


At last and FSHD update. I don't think too deeply about it too often, it's more surface thinking.
I have never felt that my constant mate, FSHD, had the upper hand, although of late I have felt him creeping up on the inside rail, but I know how to block that way passed. If he wants to get passed me he's going to have to take the long way around. One thing about FSHD being a good unrelenting friend, he doesn't give you chance to rest on your laurels, so sitting back and switching off. That can be a bit wearing and it would be nice to have a week of so off every now and then. It can throw some negativity your way, but little of that gets passed, only on tired, bad, armageddon days does that have any effect and even then it is not for long. I just draw on the strength I get from my faith in my family, friends and myself. Being alone on this trip has helped strengthen the resolve. I sometimes think it would be good to be with someone, especially since meeting a nice young lady in Vietnam, but I also feel having someone along might lower the resolve to block that way through on the inside rail. I know all the ways through cannot be blocked forever, but it is satisfying being in the lead and I'm bolloxed if I'm going to make it easy for my buddy to get passed. I feel my golfing and diving days are close to an end, although that too may just be FSHD showing his nose on the inside rail. Those days may be over as was, but I don't have to be fleeing around the golf course trying to keep up, I enjoy just being out there, so the competetive days may be over, but the days of basking in the fresh air, amongst the trees and birds, sweating or freezing my nuts off are here for a while yet. I can stand on a golf course, take a look around and feel how good it is to be alive. That feeling isn't only restricted to the golf course either.
SO, sorry FSHD, you are a good mate, but there's now way passed for a while yet, so come along and enjoy the ride old buddy.

No comments: